Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Today's Lunch: A Spring(ish) Salad

   Today had quite an early start...a 5A wake-up call, a 40-minute drive, & a 6:30A opening shift at my second job left me pretty pooped. (Granted, a few shots of espresso later my energy shifted back into gear & I was able to get a 2 hour workout in.) Getting back home, I realized I was incredibly hungry (& that I needed to get something other than coffee in my system). Being a later time in the afternoon, I didn't want to get anything too heavy (or too crazy to put together). Enter: Spring Salad.


Ingredients
- A handful of "Spring Mix" Salad Mix
- Strawberries (Sliced)
- Blueberries
- Edamame (Shelled)
- Poppyseed Salad Dressing

  Pretty simple, really. Just mix it all up (in whatever portions you prefer) & enjoy. While I don't have an exact calorie count or anything (for those of you concerned with all that), this is a relatively healthy/filling salad that I fancy quite a bit. If you try it (or make your own version of it), let me know what you think!


Happy eats!
- Alyssa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment