Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hey, Hey! It's Moving Day! (+ Playlist Of The Moment #13)

After driving up to Omaha and coming back to Cincinnati after only 7-8 hours,
I spent most of the week having a ridiculously difficult time remembering the correct day it was.
Most of Monday, I had mentally signed off. And most of Tuesday, I'd thought it was Monday.
On Wednesday I told someone about a movie coming out "tomorrow," somehow thinking
"tomorrow" was Friday. I met my friend Shelbie for lunch (amazingly delish thai food, btw) on Thursday, and it felt like a Tuesday. Friday came…and went…feeling much like a weekend day, thanks to loading up the moving truck. Oh, moving week festivities.

But, wait a minute…we've made it!
MOVING DAY IS FINALLY HERE!

*Sigh* Okay, okay.
So, it's not an official/actual "made it" until everything's in Omaha.
I know, I know. You party poopers.

I'm typing this late Friday evening,
and this post is scheduled to go live early Saturday morning (after we've left).
Long story short…I may be on the way to Omaha* as you're reading this.

*Though it's a long drive, it's a fairly easy one…so, at least, I've got that going for me.

I'm loaded up on music for the road, and this week's playlist includes some of the tunes I'm listening to on the drive. It also includes a few songs I've been listening to all week, and a heavy dose of nostalgia.

Cincinnati hasn't been terrible, but I'm looking forward to starting this new chapter in Omaha.
Though I will miss the familiarity of the area, I'm excited to explore this new place.
I'm antsy, anxious, a little nervous…but, most of all, I'm hopeful.
I'm grateful for the people I've met, and all the lessons I've learned, here.
Fingers crossed for safe travels, eh?

Thoughts, comments and suggestions (on anything) are always welcome.
Send them to me at:

Much love, Cincinnati.
Onward to Omaha!
xxxx Alyssa Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment